Crop Hail and Crop Fire
You know that five minutes of hail can wipe out an entire years income. The Crop Hail policy through our agency provides protection against loss to the crop from hail, in ADDITION to the coverage that is provided on your MPCI Policy. This policy actually supplements the coverage provided by an MPCI policy providing coverage on an acre by acre basis. You are not required to add Crop Hail on all your acres in a county, like MPCI, but instead you can pick the farms/units in which you would like to add the additional protection.
Your MPCI policy does cover you for Crop Hail, however many times there is Top End exposure that is left unprotected with Multi-Peril Crop Insurance. You can cover this exposure with Crop Hail.
Crop Hail Insurance will be slightly different for each company. Rates and Coverage Details can vary by company for each crop, so it is important you ask questions when purchasing Crop Hail.
Crop Hail Specifics:
- Rates will vary by Company; we will shop the BEST Value for you!
- 2 Hour Binding and Immediate Coverage is available in some counties.
- Canola - 0% deductible plans available. Minimum of 5% damage.
- Wind available on Barley, Canola, Corn, Oats, Rye, Triticale and Wheat.
- Crop Fire included with Wind
- Cash Discounts Available - Varies by Company
- Carryover Option Available until May of the following Crop Year.
- Grain Storage & Transit Covered.
- Coverage can be canceled up to May 1st for Known Freeze Damage
Your Multi-Peril Crop Insurance covers your crop for Fire if it was caused by a natural disaster like lightning.
If your crop burns due to your combine catching on fire, or a car driving in the field IT IS NOT COVERED. Fire Insurance is a very inexpensive way to protect your un-harvested crop, and transit losses, against the dangers of fire.
You can purchase CROP FIRE Insurance at an inexpensive price per $100 of coverage. Quotes run from $0.16 to $0.25 per $100 of Coverage per acre.
For Example, on the high side, you can have $200 per acre coverage of Crop Fire for $0.50 per acre. You can insure up to the value of the crop.
Crop Fire Insurance will go into effect at 12:01 AM on the date following the purchase of the coverage.
Crop Fire will insure you against unavoidable direct loss to the crop(s). For more information, please contact us!